Graduation season is upon us. Many students are exiting their safety net of High School (and even traditional College) in hopes of steering themselves towards an exciting life built on doing what they’re passionate about. If you’re here, reading this, it’s likely that your passions are based on music… on sound… on audio… on being able to make a way for yourself making sonic magic happen for your clients.
The world of Professional Audio is far wider than most can imagine. While most people see it as the Music Industry, the truth of the matter is that the “music” side of things is just a piece of the amazing opportunities that exist. Let me give you a few things to think about:
- Ever wonder who made your car door “ding” when it was open?
- Ever wonder how the sound of your videogames came to life?
- Ever wonder how hundreds of sounds make their way through your television?
- Ever wonder how that helicopter whizzes around your head at the movies?
- Ever wonder how you’re hearing everything at a concert?
- Ever wonder how that voice does that “thing” on your favorite song?